This spinach artichoke dip is a classic. The almond milk and cashews make it creamy and rich while the artichoke and spices give it tang and texture. Once you heat everything up your guaranteed to have the perfect party snack.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5-8 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 5-ounce can water chestnuts, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Purée the soaked cashews in a food processor with the lemon juice and almond milk. Set the mixture aside.
- In an 8-inch oven-safe vessel, sauté the white onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 3-4 minutes until soft and beginning to become translucent.
- Add the garlic and season it with salt and pepper. Sauté it for 1 more minute and remove it from the heat.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and water chestnuts. Next, fold in the cashew sauce until evenly combined.
- Bake in a 400ºF oven for 20-25 minutes.