This rich, smooth dark chocolate is perfect for grabbing a square when you've been overtaken with a sudden craving or for recipes that call for chocolate. Making your own raw chocolate is a simple process and this recipe shows you how! All you need is a bowl, a whisk, and a candy thermometer!
Homemade Raw Chocolate [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/64 teaspoon salt, finely ground
- Melt cacao butter at around 104-113°F on a double boiler or in a dehydrator.
- Grind salt to a fine powder (e.g. in a mortar and pestle).
- Add agave nectar to cacao butter.
- Sieve cacao powder, vanilla powder, and salt onto butter and agave mix.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Keep stirring and whisking until chocolate reaches around 88°F.
- Pour into moulds and put into the refrigerator until set.
- Store in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Makes 12 24-gram blocks.