Amaranth is something you must simply try. Besides its nutty flavor, amaranth is one of the best sources of plant-based protein. It's an excellent gluten-free option, and has a lot of nutritional value. Try making it for breakfast, porridge is an excellent choice! This is a great breakfast to make early in the week and store it for a quick and easy meal.
High-Protein Creamy Amaranth Porridge [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
- 1 cup of amaranth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegetable milk of your choice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar or rice syrup (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- To garnish, use nuts, dried fruit, coconut, cinnamon powder, and whatever else you may like (optional)
- Soak amaranth for at least 4 hours with twice the water.
- Pass it through a fine mesh strainer and rinse it under running water.
- Bring to the fire a pot with water, vegetable drink, cinnamon stick and amaranth.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to the minimum and cover with the lid. Let it cook for about 25 minutes until the amaranth is cooked.
- Season with a little salt and if you want add 2 tablespoons of rice syrup or whatever you prefer.
- Put in the bowl and if necessary you can add a little more milk. Garnish with seeds, nuts, coconut, cinnamon.