These bowls make an amazing dinner. The broth is really the center of attention. It packs in flavor, but it's much lighter than the typical curry broth.
Green Thai Curry Bowls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Green Thai Curry Bowls [Vegan]
- Vegetable or avocado oil (for frying/sautéing)
- 1 block of firm natural tofu
- Noodles or rice of choice, cooked on the side
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Option for spicy: 1/2 -1 green chili pepper with or without seeds, chopped fine
- 1-2 garlic buds, pressed
- 1 small piece ginger root, grated
- 8 mini corns
- 1 small zucchini, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/2 of one large sweet red bell pepper, sliced in juliennes
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 cups (or more) clear veggie bouillon, no salt or low sodium; homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 kaffir leaves
- A big handful of mangetout (snow or sugar peas)
- Lime juice from one whole green lime
- Some fresh coriander leaves, basil leaves
How to Prepare Green Thai Curry Bowls [Vegan]
- Rinse tofu block under cold running water and pat dry with a cloth. If the block is thick, slice it in two lengthwise. In a skillet, heat up 1 tablesppon of oil on medium-high. When oil is ready, reduce heat and fry the tofu for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. When done, pat with dry and slice the tofu in cubes. Set aside.
- Prepare, chop and line up all ingredients.
- Cook noodles or rice according to package. Strain, rinse and cover. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high. Reduce heat.
- Add the green onion, chili (option), garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the corns, zucchini, red pepper and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and toss/mix for another minute. Pour in the coconut milk, veggie bouillon add miso paste. Mix and toss.
- Add the fried tofu and kaffir leaves and mix gently. Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 3 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add the mangetout, lime juice and some fresh coriander leaves. Toss the ingredients.
- With lid half on, simmer for another 3 minutes, mixing/tossing occasionally.
- Serve immediately in bowls. Top with additional coriander leaves or other herbs.
- Enjoy with rice or noodles on the side or added to your bowl.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 235 | Carbs: 20 g | Fat: 10 g | Protein: 17 g | Sodium: 724 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.