Beets come in a wide range of colors and each of these types of beets have a unique taste and sweetness to them. Golden beets are slightly sweeter and a little less “earthy” than traditional red beets. They are also slightly softer and won’t stain your whole kitchen. Although beets are high in sugar, they are packed with vitamins, minerals, and powerful antioxidants. All beets are great sources of fiber, potassium, iron, and folic acid. Since Golden beets are orange-yellowish in color, their health benefits are slightly different from red beets. Orange and yellow vegetables contain high levels of vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, lycopene, flavonoids, and zeaxanthin. They are also packed with antioxidants, so eat up your bright orange and yellow fruits and vegetables! Beets are very healthy, naturally sweet, and a colorful addition to any table. Enjoy them in this easy and fresh golden beet salad with white balsamic vinaigrette. This golden beet salad is so simple to make. It can be served warm or cold. If you prefer a cold salad, it can be prepared a day in advance.
Golden Beet Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Golden Beet Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4–5 medium size golden beets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- arugula, microgreens, vegan goat cheese optional
How to Prepare Golden Beet Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub beets to remove all dirt. Pat dry with paper towel. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast in preheated oven for 50 minutes – 1 hour.
- Remove beets from oven and let cool enough to handle. Remove skin and slice beets.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, agave, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over slices beets. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle parsley over beets and mix to combine.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Optional: arrange sliced beets over a bed of arugula. Top with microgreens, crumbled goat cheese, and parsley. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine.
*Salad can be prepared a day in advance. Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Beet Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.