This garlicky lentil pasta is a great healthy alternative to typical semolina flour-based pasta dishes! The lentil ziti has tons of protein and will leave you feeling energized for the rest of the day. Plus, can you ever have too much garlic?
Garlicky Cauliflower Lentil Pasta [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup dry lentil pasta
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 bell pepper, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 onion, cut lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (or more if you prefer)
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, add cauliflower florets, 2 teaspoons of oil, salt, and pepper and toss together. Spread on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, bring around 4-5 cups of water to boil. Also add salt to boiling water. Add pasta and boil according to package instructions around 8 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking lets prepare rest of the veggies, heat remaining oil in a pan. Add grated garlic and sauce for 30 seconds then add onions and sauce for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft. Then add bell peppers and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the pasta will veggies. Add all the spices and mix well. Add the roasted cauliflower and drizzle some Sriracha sauce.