The farfalle pasta salad featured above will be our supper tonight. It’s a great dish to serve when it’s this hot out.
Farfalle Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 3 cups farfalle pasta, cooked
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber with peel, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- A big bunch of red radishes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh arugula leaves
- A mix of fresh herbs such as a handful of each: fresh dill weed, basil and mint leaves, chopped
- Dried oregano, mineral salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup organic silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 or 2 garlic bud(s)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dry red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (omit if you can’t find this or add a hint of grated Parmesan cheese)
- Make the salad dressing by putting all the ingredients in your small blender or Nutribullet and whizz for a few seconds until creamy. Pour this in a glass jar and cover with lid. Set aside in the refridgerator.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package. Strain, rinse and let cool. Set aside.
- Prepare/chop/slice all your veggies and fresh herbs. Wash, rinse and spin the arugula leaves.
- Put cooked pasta, veggies, aragula and herbs in a big salad bowl and toss with clean hands. Add oregano, salt and pepper.
- To the salad, add a tablespoon of salad dressing and toss. Add another tablespoon and toss to evenly coat the ingredients. Repeat this several times, however, don’t weigh the salad down with too much dressing. You should add just enough of it so that it coats the ingredients and gives the salad flavour. Allow your guest to add some extra dressing to their own portions should they prefer more.