These smoked tofu fajitas are very easy to make. Tofu can be simply covered in the marinating sauce and begin baking, guacamole and salsa can be made as the tofu cooks. Once the onions and peppers are chopped and ready, the whole dish comes together in one fell swoop. This colorful dish is crunchy, fresh, and smokey tasting. Plus, if the weather is nice, all the components can be grilled outside!
Easy Smoked Tofu Fajitas [Vegan]
For the Marinated Smoked Tofu:
- 7 ounces smoked tofu, cut into stripes
- A splash of freshly-squeezed orange and lemon juice
- A splash of hot sauce
For the Filling:
- 1 onion
- Bell peppers, sliced
- Salsa (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Whip together all the marinade ingredients, mix well with the tofu, and bake in a casserole dish for 15-20 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, heat a skillet with a splash of oil and fry the sliced onions and bell peppers.
- Assemble the fajitas starting with guacamole, add baked tofu and vegetables, top off with salsa, and optional cilantro.