This soup has all the hearty, savory, "meaty" goodness of a burger, but there's no meat involved here! And it's a great recipe if you want a filling dinner but are short on time – you can just throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and you're good to go!
Easy-Peasy ‘Hamburger’ Soup [Vegan]
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 sticks of celery sliced
- 2 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups of uncooked macaroni pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Half a bag of beef-less crumbles
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes, tomato sauce, water, nutritional yeast and spices into the crockpot. Cook on high for six hours or until potatoes are tender.
- If you would like your soup base to be smooth use an immersion blender to blend the stew until creamy or scoop out the ingredients into a blender and then place them back in the crock pot. If you don't mind a chunky hamburger stew feel free to skip the blender/pureeing step altogether.
- Add in pasta and continue to cook soup on high for an additional 45-60 minutes or until the desired tenderness of pasta is reached.
- In a skillet warm olive oil over medium heat then cook garden beefless crumbles for about 7-10 minutes.
- After the pasta and beefless crumbles are cooked add your beef-less crumbles to the soup and serve warm.