This classic Italian dish is easily made vegan by replacing parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
Easy Basil Pesto [Vegan]
- 1-2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, walnuts, or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- In a food processor, blend all the above ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add more of the seasoning & lemon juice to taste.
- To serve, mix the pesto sauce with 3-4 servings of cooked pasta. Enjoy!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile