This is the perfect dip to eat while watching a game with friends or when you're hosting a party. Its rich cheesy flavor is made complex by the unique blend of spices. Plus, you can put this on anything so the options are endless.
Curried Tahini and Potato Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup Russet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala (or 1 teaspoon chana masala)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- A generous pinch of cinnamon and ground cloves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for the garnish
- Red pepper flakes, for the garnish
- Hemp seeds, for the garnish
- Place potatoes into a steamer and steam them until they're tender when pricked with a fork. This takes about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes steam, add the onion, garlic, ginger, and bell pepper into a medium pan with 1/4 cup water and cook them until they're translucent.
- Add in all of the spices, and cook the mixture until the spices are fragrant or about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add all ingredients into a high-speed blender, along with the tahini, water, nutritional yeast, potatoes, and lemon juice.
- Process the mixture until smooth.
- Hand mix or pulse in the cilantro until it's uniform, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with more cilantro, red pepper flakes, and hemp seeds.
- Serve with chopped veggies, pita bread, bagels, chips, or even toast.