This rice is pretty much a big hug in a bowl, warming, comforting and healing!
Curried Rice and Cashews [Vegan]
- 2 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water (or veggie broth)
- ¼-1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cashews
- Over medium-low heat sauté onion in coconut oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in curry powder and sauté another minute.
- Add rice and stir until coated in oil.
- Add sea salt and water, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Toss in cilantro and cashews, serve warm and enjoy!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile