This soup is so savory, creamy, flavorful, smooth, just literally everything you could imagine in a soup to warm you up. Not to mention, it's EXTREMELY easy. This soup takes about 15 minutes to make and that’s only because you have to saute onions and blend the soup.
Creamy Pumpkin Sage Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion – rough diced
- 3 garlic cloves – roughly minced
- 1/4 cup fresh sage + 1 tablespoon – rough chopped
- 1 – 14 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- In a soup pot, saute onion in olive oil until caramelized (about 10 minutes)
- Add garlic and 1/4 cup sage to the onions and continue to cook for about 2 – 3 more minutes
- Add in the pumpkin puree and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add in reserved tablespoon sage.
- Blend soup in a blender until smooth, then return to pot until desired heat to eat is achieved. Serve!