It may not be the prettiest dish in the world, but it is tasty. Kind of like a potato pudding, who can say no to that?!?
Creamy Miso and Shallot Potato Casserole [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Miso and Shallot Potato Casserole [Vegan]
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (reserve peels)
- 4-5 small yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed (reserve peels)
- 1 Kale leaf, minced (remove the stem and discard or save for another use)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Creamy Miso and Shallot Potato Casserole [Vegan]
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the potatoes and allow to cook until fork tender (about 10-15 minutes). Drain, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the shallot and minced kale. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cook for a couple of minutes until the shallot begins to soften and the kale turns bright green.
- Add the shallot and kale mixture to the bowl of potatoes. Add the rest of the ingredients to the potatoes and gently mix until well incorporated. Re-season with salt and pepper.
- Put the potato mixture in a lightly greased casserole dish. Finely chop the reserved potato skins and then sprinkle over the top of the casserole dish. Sprinkle a bit of salt on top.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until bubbly. You may want to check about halfway through the cooking time to ensure the potato skins do not get too brown. If they appear too brown cover with foil and then uncover for about the last minute of cooking.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.