This soup will become your new favorite winter lunch. The mild and tangy flavor of the soup is sweetened with date syrup while crunchy vegetables add texture and bulk to keep you full and satisfied.
Cranberry Bok Choy Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup baby bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- In a saucepan, combine cranberries, and vegetable broth and boil for 3-4 minutes, or until cranberries become tender and soft. Remove from the flame and let it cool. (While cooling the broth will absorb the color of cranberries).
- Once cooled blend the broth and cranberries smooth.
- In a nonstick pan heat olive oil and add garlic, sage leaves, onion powder, and chopped bok choy. Sautee until bok choy is translucent and does not have any raw taste.
- Now add the blended broth to the pan and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, coconut milk, and date syrup and cook over a low-medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and pour it in the soup bowls. Top it with hemp seeds and enjoy it warm or at room temperature.