Oh yes, it's cake in a jar! These decadent chocolate sponge cakes are so simple to make and since they're baked in jars, they're great to serve for special occasions, too!
Chocolate Sponge Cake in a Jar [Vegan]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup, plus 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/5 cup sweetener (date sugar, maple, etc...)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 4 3/4 tablespoons soya milk
- 1 1/3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 335°F (fan-oven).
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk with a fork until mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the jars (3/4 full) and place in oven for 30 minutes (make sure jars are oven proof and keep an eye on them).
- You will know the sponge is cooked if you put a toothpick in and nothing sticks to it.
- Leave to cool, then serve.