This chocolate lavender chia pudding recipe brings the decadence of dessert to breakfast – it’s so rich, creamy, decadent, and dessert-like that it’s insane that it passes as a morning food, but it does! The best part is that you make the whole thing the night before, so in the morning, you can just grab it and go. This would also work wonderfully as a dessert – just blend it all together until smooth after the chia sets.
Raw Chocolate Lavender Chia Pudding [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Chocolate Lavender Chia Pudding [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (can substitute 2 tablespoons of agave, rice malt syrup, whatever)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
How to Prepare Raw Chocolate Lavender Chia Pudding [Vegan]
- Bring to boil your milk of choice, then turn off heat and add lavender. Let steep for 20 minutes, then pour milk through fine-mesh strainer into blender.
- Blend lavender milk with dates (or sweetener of choice), vanilla, cacao, and sea salt until very very smooth, then mix with chia seeds in a jar or bowl.
- Cover, and put in fridge four hours or overnight, stirring after one hour to prevent clumps. Serves one, although you can double or triple the recipe and eat it throughout the week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.