Is it cake? Is it a brownie? All I know its freakin’ delicious. It's a super chocolately, not overly sweet, moist as hell cake-brownie bar ... and it's to die for. Did I mention its super chocolately? That’s the key here peeps. If you are craving chocolate, then I’ve got you covered.
Chocolate Einkhorn Cake [Vegan]
- ½ c. coconut oil
- ¼ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 flax eggs
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c. coconut sugar
- 1½ c. Einkorn flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9x9 glass baking dish with parchment, or spray liberally with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, einkorn flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Next, in a small bowl, make the flax eggs. Let sit a minute or two then add the coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the wet to the dry and stir briefly until combined.
- Next slowly add in the water. Mix until combined.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes. (or until toothpick comes out clean)