The chickpea balls here are inspired by my memory of a falafel. I used to love it. It was one of the staples in my diet during my university years. Just this time, I decided to let my creativity unleash itself and added something that might sound strange, but it made them so good… I added dried & sweet melon pieces! The chickpea balls turned out delicious! Are you eager to try?
Chickpea Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried melon
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Soak the chickpeas overnight with 3 cups of water.
- Bring them to a boil, reduce the temperature, and keep boiling for 1 hour or until soft.
- Peel the chickpeas; this step is optional.
- Blend the chickpeas in a food processor using the "S" knife, then add the tahini and blend again until nice and smooth.
- Add the salt and the dried melon and blend to incorporate well.
- Make small balls with your hands and line them on a parchment paper.
- Blend the pumpkin seeds into a powder and cover half of the balls.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until crispy on the outside. Serve with a salad or just as it is.