These rich, fudgy brownies are going to impress anyone after the very first bite. These delights are slightly firm and a teeny bit crisp on the tops and edges, but gooey and fudgy in the center. The chocolate chips have melted slightly but give just the slightest crunch and the creamy perfume of bananas permeates the whole thing – it is seriously the best classic brownie we've seen in a long time.
Chickpea and Banana Flour Chocolate Chip Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup banana flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup date paste (about 16 dates blended with 1 cup water)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the banana flour and cocoa powder.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until totally smooth, and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the date paste and stir until everything is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and pour the batter into a nonstick or sprayed square pan.
- Bake this for 40 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least an hour before trying to cut them.