These cherry chocolate chunk crumble bars make a perfect sweet snack or if you top it with a scoop of ice cream or coconut whipped cream you’ve got a decadent dessert! To be honest, I think they could be eaten as part of breakfast too because they are that nutritious.
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Crumble Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Approximately 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and quartered
- Chopped dark chocolate (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oat flour, oats, coconut, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Add in the applesauce and 2 tablespoons of the almond milk. Stir to combine. Add in a little more almond milk until it comes together in a tacky batter.
- Line a 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the tray and spread evenly.
- Distribute the cherries and dark chocolate chunks on top evenly and crumble the rest of the dough on top.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the crumble begins to golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into 9-12 squares.