The perfect game day snack! Crispy oven-baked potato skins are loaded with cheesy sauce, smoky coconut bacon, and topped with additional goodies. Make sure you double up on this for your guests, because they definitely won't last long.
Cheesy Potato Skins With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Potato Skins With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 firm medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 grilled bell pepper
How to Prepare Cheesy Potato Skins With Coconut Bacon [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients for the coconut bacon in a bowl and then spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for about 7-9 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them, since they burn quickly. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the potatoes in half and place them face-down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with oil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Then place one potato at a time in a clean towel and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Transfer the potato flesh to a food processor and mix with the other ingredients for the sauce. Fill the potato skins with the cheesy potato sauce and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes. Garnish with vegan cream cheese, chives, coconut bacon, and ketchup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.