When it comes to smoothies, some ingredients seem obvious — bananas, blueberries, even kale gets a pass these days. But cauliflower? Apparently, it’s a thing. When my husband started adding cauliflower to our smoothies I was very skeptical, to say the least. To my surprise, it didn’t change the taste at all. Instead, the cauliflower imparted a super creamy texture. In fact, since cauliflower has a fairly neutral flavor, it can be tossed it into pretty much any smoothie recipe!
Peanut Butter, Banana and Cauliflower Smoothie [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter, Banana and Cauliflower Smoothie [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- 1 heaping cup cauliflower florets, frozen
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more if needed to encourage blending
- 1 to 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to Prepare Peanut Butter, Banana and Cauliflower Smoothie [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth, stopping as often as needed to scrape down the sides. You'll want to add as little almond milk as possible to maintain a thick, frosty texture.
- Scoop into a glass (or two).
- Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 191 | Carbs: 21 g | Fat: 10 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 129 mg | Sugar: 14 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.