When it comes to smoothies, some ingredients seem obvious — bananas, blueberries, even kale gets a pass these days. But cauliflower? Apparently, it’s a thing. When my husband started adding cauliflower to our smoothies I was very skeptical, to say the least. To my surprise, it didn’t change the taste at all. Instead, the cauliflower imparted a super creamy texture. In fact, since cauliflower has a fairly neutral flavor, it can be tossed it into pretty much any smoothie recipe!
Peanut Butter, Banana and Cauliflower Smoothie [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- 1 heaping cup cauliflower florets, frozen
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more if needed to encourage blending
- 1 to 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth, stopping as often as needed to scrape down the sides. You'll want to add as little almond milk as possible to maintain a thick, frosty texture.
- Scoop into a glass (or two).
- Serve immediately.