These are super clean, make with wholesome ingredients, and not too sweet. The icing is made with three ingredients, so as long as you have a blender or food processor you can make this yummy icing from scratch!
Carrot Cake Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 flax seed egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup over night soaked cashews (soaked and drained)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- To this mixture add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Lastly, add the shredded carrots and mix again.
- Form cookies by rolling into balls and pressing them down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. These will not expand like typical cookies, so round balls wont work here.
- Bake at 340ºF for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, make the icing by throwing all the icing ingredients in a blender. Blend till smooth.
- When the cookies are completely cool, you can ice the cookies.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.