This cookie is packed with brown sugar and all that warm richness that you’d find in caramel, and there’s something about a fresh-picked apple that is just incomparable. So if you make this skillet cookie, do it the day after you go apple picking. That way, you can check "pick apples" and "autumn baking" off your fall bucket list … and maybe also "eat an entire cookie by myself."
Caramel Apple Skillet Cookie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Caramel Apple Skillet Cookie [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (equal to one stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Scant 1/4 cup pecans, chopped or crushed
How to Prepare Caramel Apple Skillet Cookie [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together until fluffy, about three to five minutes. Add in maple syrup and beat for another minute.
- Add cornstarch "egg," salt, flour, oats, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Stir in cinnamon, apple, and vanilla. Pour into a 10-inch cast iron skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Microwave butter and brown sugar for 20 seconds. Stir, and return to microwave for one to two minutes, until the butter is spluttering. Immediately add pecans and stir until coated and sticky.
- Top cookie with pecans and extra sliced apple, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.