If you like tahini you will love this nutty black tahini toast. The spread is made with black sesame seeds, sesame oil, optional roasted garlic, and sea salt. Spread onto a slice or two of toasted bread and top with sliced cucumber, micro arugula, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Black Tahini Toast [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Black Tahini Toast [Vegan]
For the Black Tahini:
- 1.5 cups black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 or 2 cloves roasted garlic optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Toast:
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- micro arugula
- drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 slices bread
How to Prepare Black Tahini Toast [Vegan]
- Blend all tahini ingredients together in a food processor. Make sure to scrape down the sides frequently. Blend until the ingredients are incorporated and smooth – the longer you blend the softer and creamier the spread gets. Add to a jar and store in the fridge for up to a few weeks.
- Toast your bread and thinly chop your cucumber. For best results, use a mandolin.
- Spread the black tahini on your toasted bread and save the rest in the fridge. Top with the sliced cucumber, micro arugula, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.