Beets are also a rich source of the phytonutrients called betalains — red and yellow carotenoid pigments. Betalains from beets have been found to display strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification properties.
Beet Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Beet Burgers [Vegan]
- 3 medium sized beets
- 1 onion, diced
- Shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 can adzuki beans, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal + 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons Spike salt-free seasoning
- 1 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke or 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2-3 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce (optional)
How to Prepare Beet Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grate the beets in a food processor.
- Water sauté the onion, mushrooms and beets until the beets are tender.
- Transfer 1/2 of the cooked beet/onion/mushroom to a food processor. Add the beans and rice and pulse until mixed.
- Combine this, the remaining beet mixture and all other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Form into patties about 4 inches in diameter and ¾ inch high (about ½ cup of mixture per patty).
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip and bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bun or over some greens with your favorite toppings!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.