The following recipe is totally vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free. It is so delicious and fluffy! You will love it.
Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg or 1 more mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks, nuts/seeds, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, sweetener, coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until well-combined (don't over-mix!). Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy!