This recipe creates such a moist loaf, and it is easy to switch up the add-ins. You can add extra banana slices, maca, chocolate chips, pecans, etc. The options are endless!
Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 flax seed eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas – the more ripe the better
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder; they aren’t the same!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Mix-ins: chocolate chips, pecans, butterscotch chips, etc
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the flax eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, and then enjoy!