This savory and rich dish is so meaty — you would never even guess it's vegan! An amazingly easy recipe full of flavor and simple ingredients.
Almond and Herb-Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rock salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 large handfuls basil leaves
- 2 large handfuls parsley leaves
- Chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 355°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the mushrooms on the prepared tray and drizzle with half the olive oil. Season with salt.
- Pulse the almonds, basil, parsley, remaining oil, and a good pinch of salt in a food processor until it forms a rough crumb.
- Fill the mushrooms with stuffing and sprinkle with chili flakes, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and the stuffing is golden. Garnish with basil leaves and dried cranberries. Serve and enjoy!