This is such a cute snack and a nice change of pace from pretzels and chips. The pasta crisps up and the flavors remind me a little of an Italian-style cheese cracker. This recipe and many more can be found in Kathy Hester's "Vegan Cooking In Your Air Fryer." Available on Amazon!
Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips [Vegan]
- 2 cups dry whole wheat bow tie pasta (use brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or use aquafaba for oil-free option)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips [Vegan]
- Cook the pasta for 1/2 the time called for on the package. Toss the drained pasta with olive oil or aquafaba, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Place about half of the mixture in your air fryer basket if yours is small; larger ones may be able to do cook in one batch.
- Cook on 390°F for 5 minutes. Shake the basket and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until crunchy.
These will crisp up more as they cool.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.