A simple and flavorful Chinese noodle dish that serves as the perfect summer entree. This dish is ready in only 10 minutes!
10-Minute Chinese Sesame Noodles (Ma Jiang Mian)
- 6 oz. wheat noodles
- 2 tbsp Chinese sesame paste (Zhi Ma Jiang)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon chili crisp oil (or sub 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 1/3 cup (40g) chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cucumber, julienned
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the sauce by whisking together the sesame paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, chili crisp oil, and water. Stir until it forms a smooth paste. Add more water if needed.
- Drain the noodles and toss them in the sauce to coat. Top with cucumber, chopped peanuts, sliced green onion, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately (noodles are best served warm).
These noodles are best served immediately. If you happen to have leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When reheating, stir in 1-2 tbsp of hot water to break up the sauce then warm.