As always I wanted to devour the entire batch, but a las I controlled my neanderthal ways and finished taking photographs. These create an oh so slightly delicate crisp outside, yet moist inside..A very light cookie to please the senses. Think almond butter, coconut cinnamon-y raisin soft and crumbly cookie in yo mouth. Hell yeah. If you don't eat the whole batch, I would consider these a fairly healthier cookie. Fat is good my friends, do not be afraid.
Cinnamon Raisin Almond Cookie Munchies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch himalayan or sea salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (any nut butter shall do)
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar (or maple syrup or raw honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk* (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- Oven: 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium-large sized bowl
- Mix wet ingredients separately and then combine with dry ingredients. You're going to want a sticky, thick batter
- Roll into balls or whatever shapes tickle your fancy and place on parchment paper (or your own tin foil/degreaser combo)
- Place cookie sheet into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Bottoms will be golden brown, tops may start to crack. You'll probably want to feast asap, but they may be a tad crumbly when hot. Once they cool you're good to go.
- Enjoy with friends or strangers or a glass of almond milk.