Two companies who market their products as making the menstruation process more comfortable have come under fire for containing dangerous ‘forever chemicals’ known as PFAs.
PFAS, are a synthetic man-made chemical substance that is used in non-stick and stain-resistant products, but they can be found everywhere, from pizza boxes to the carpet in your home, and now period products. These chemicals don’t break down in the environment. Some PFAS also build up in the body for long periods, potentially causing dangerous health problems. The chemicals have been linked to weakened childhood immunity, endocrine disruption, increased cholesterol levels, low birth weight, and other weight issues in both children and adults.
These companies cannot continue lying to customers by marketing their products as healthy, safe, and natural when they so clearly are not.
Source: christian bosse/Youtube
Thinx and Knix do not care about the health of their customers, and the last thing that a person who is on their period needs is to be worried about is if their underwear is safe or not. Sign this petition to demand that Thinx and Knix eliminate all PFAs from their products, compensate anyone who has experienced negative health consequences from their clothing/underwear, and offset the dangerous environmental impacts of using these chemicals in the past!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Demand Investigation into Cruel Abusive Goat Farm
- Investigate White Birch Farm for Animal Abuse
- Tell France to Include Golf Courses in Water Restriction Rules
- Kids Shouldn’t Need Bulletproof Backpacks! Tell Senate to Ban Assault Weapons
- Decriminalize Same-Sex Marriages in Singapore
- Demand Florida Restore Healthcare for Trans People!
- Tell the US to Follow Scotland and Make Period Products Free!
- Demand Raise in Taxes for the World’s Billionaires
- Charge Jake Paul For Driving Through Protected Beaches for Endangered Turtle Nesting!
- Demand Disney Take Responsibility for Massacre of Lemmings and Set the Record Straight!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!