Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Twenty years ago, Gemma was on a trip to Thailand with her friends when she paid for an elephant ride. What happened next was nothing short of tragic: she was flung from the elephant’s back and the animal rolled on top of her, crushing her pelvis, ribs, and collarbone.
During her long recovery in the hospital, Gemma discovered that her elephant was loaned from a neighboring community and was under stress in unfamiliar territory. Captive elephants are regularly pushed to their limits, and no sentient animal should have to endure the treatment this elephant went through. It’s dangerous for the animals and the humans who pay for the experience and entertainment.
Twenty years after Gemma’s horrible accident, captive elephants in Thailand are still not protected from similar fates. Unfortunately, not much has changed for many elephants in Thailand — there are around 3,800 still in captivity.
Please sign this petition to demand that captive elephants be included in Thailand’s 2014 Animal Welfare Act!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Help Make Sure This Animal-Abusing Couple is Never Allowed to Have Animals Again
- Petition: Tell Texas Authorities to Reject Application from Millionaire Who Wants to Dam Up River
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Reclassify the Manatee as Endangered
- Petition: Tell Florida to Ban Rat Poisons
- Petition: Tell Los Angeles to Humanely Address Its Homeless Crisis
- Petition: Demand Israel Approve Fuel to Gaza and End the Blockade
- Petition: Justice for Woman Who Burned a Raccoon Alive and Recorded It for Social Media
- Petition: Justice for Man Who Brutally Abused His Dog and Killed His Cat
- Petition: Urge Major Fashion Brands to Stop Using Angora Fur in Their Products
- Petition: Ask Major Grocery Stores to Carry More Plant-Based Products
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!