Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Every cat owner knows that our feline friends are full of surprises, but when Yorkshire-based artist Katie Thomas was routinely woken up by her senior cat Megs’ loud yowls, she decided to investigate.
A pet cam installed to uncover the mystery revealed that Megs was a nocturnal hunter, meowing loudly and playing with her toy fish in the wee hours. The moment was both amusing and adorable, captured on camera and shared with the world on TikTok, garnering over 2.4 million views.
“Megs just wants someone to pay attention or play with her when we’re sleeping,” Thomas said. The nighttime serenades were simply Megs showing off her “catches” of toy fish. To mitigate these nocturnal concerts, Thomas has since ensured that she plays more with Megs during the day and keeps her company at night.
Megs’ story serves as a gentle reminder that our pets might just be missing our company. Amid all the hustle and bustle of life, don’t forget to take a moment and play with your furry friends – day or night!
- Watch The Adorable Way This Cat Disrupts Their Owner’s Sleep
- Window Washer and Pet Cat Warm Hearts on TikTok
- Woman Adopts Cat Who Was Living in a Cage For Over 10 Years
- Cat’s Reaction to Sibling Cat Balancing on Handrail Goes Viral
- Video of Cat ‘Micromanaging’ Human Dad’s DIY Goes Viral
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!