Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When Laura and her roommate found out about a tiny pup whose owners couldn’t care for him anymore, they knew that they needed to help the sweet guy. It wasn’t easy though. Chewbacca, or Chewie for short, had to go to the vet immediately. His fur was super matted, he had health issues, he only weighed half a pound, and the doctor thought that he would only make it a few months. Despite the odds, Laura and her roommate were not willing to give up on Chewie.
Chewbacca started gaining strength and learning how to walk, but he still wasn’t doing great. He started getting seizures and ended up needing a spinal fusion in his neck. That changed everything. After the procedure, Chewie totally brightened up and became such a playful little pup. His dog older sister didn’t like him at first, but with his cute face and sweet personality, Chewie and his dog sister soon became best friends! She’s not the only one that Chewie won over.
Laura and her roommate had enough big dogs and had been planning on fostering Chewie until he was ready to be adopted by someone else. However, Laura just couldn’t give Chewie up – and we don’t blame her! Chewie is such a cutie and a fighter. He is beating the odds and living his best life every day!
- Tiny Pups Bring Happiness Back to Man Who Lost His Beloved Dog
- This Man Was Told His Sick Rescued Puppy Wouldn’t Live Long – So He Decided to Take a Video of Her Every Day (VIDEO)
- Rescued Special Needs Puppy and Flightless Pigeon are Best Buds!
- Kitten and Puppy Who Kept Each Other Warm in the Rain Have Been Rescued Together! (VIDEO)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!