Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Ginny Messina is a dietitian specializing in vegan nutrition, and the co-author of Vegan for Life: Everything You Need to Know to be Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet. Ginny was a dietetics instructor at Central Michigan University and a dietitian for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and is a former co-author of the American Dietetic Association’s position on vegetarian diets.
Ginny’s articles include practical tips and suggestions for following a healthy, plant-based diet. She provides information about the role of supplements in the vegan diet, the best sources of plant-based protein, the importance of healthy fats, and much more! Check out all the awesome articles Ginny has published on One Green Planet:
- Meeting Iron Needs from Plant Foods: The Vitamin C Connection
- The 7 Habits of Healthy Vegans
- Go Global for a Healthy Vegan Diet
- The Vegan Mediterranean Diet
- Fat Soluble Vitamins: Do They Stand Between Vegans and Health?
- Protein-Packed Meals for Older Vegans
- 10 Tips for the Heart-Healthiest Vegan Diet
- Soyfoods in Traditional Asian Diets
- Omega-3 Fats in Vegan Diets
- Top 5 Vegan Diet Myths Debunked!
- Plant-based Diets: Supplements for Optimal Health
- Building Strong Bones The Vegan Way