Ginny Messina is a dietitian specializing in vegan nutrition, and the co-author of Vegan for Life: Everything You Need to Know to be Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet. Ginny was a dietetics instructor at Central Michigan University and a dietitian for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and is a former co-author of the American Dietetic Association’s position on vegetarian diets.
She writes about a variety of issues related to health and animal rights on her blog TheVeganRD, as the National Vegan Examiner at Examiner.com, and of course on One Green Planet!
Ginny’s articles include practical tips and suggestions for following a healthy, plant-based diet. She provides information about the role of supplements in the vegan diet, the best sources of plant-based protein, the importance of healthy fats, and much more! Check out all the awesome articles Ginny has published on One Green Planet:
- Meeting Iron Needs from Plant Foods: The Vitamin C Connection
- The 7 Habits of Healthy Vegans
- Go Global for a Healthy Vegan Diet
- The Vegan Mediterranean Diet
- Fat Soluble Vitamins: Do They Stand Between Vegans and Health?
- Protein-Packed Meals for Older Vegans
- 10 Tips for the Heart-Healthiest Vegan Diet
- Soyfoods in Traditional Asian Diets
- Omega-3 Fats in Vegan Diets
- Top 5 Vegan Diet Myths Debunked!
- Plant-based Diets: Supplements for Optimal Health
- Building Strong Bones The Vegan Way
For more of Ginny’s great vegan nutrition advice, check out her site, the vegan r.d., follow her on Twitter, or friend her on Facebook!
Oh wow, I have gotten about 3 or 4 different samples from major brands. It is not difficult to find them. Search online for “Official Samples” you can find them easily.