Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Jennifer Coolidge has been crowned PETA’s ‘Vegan Queen for Women’s History Month 2023 for her strong commitment to animal liberation.
Jennifer Coolidge is an American actress and comedian who has been a vocal supporter of Animal rights for many years. Coolidge’s Animal rights activism dates back to 2003 when she was on the cover of PETA’s cruelty-free shopping guide. Now, her success in The White Lotus, which was created by fellow vegan and PETA pal Mike White, has given her an even bigger platform for her advocacy, PETA said in a press release.
She has been involved in various animal welfare campaigns and organizations and has used her public platform to raise awareness about animal cruelty and promote animal welfare. Coolidge has worked with PETA on several campaigns, including their anti-fur campaign and their campaign against the use of animals in circuses. In one of her PETA campaigns, she posed for a photo holding a sign that read, “Be an angel for animals: Adopt, don’t buy.”
In addition to her work with PETA, Coolidge has also supported other animal welfare organizations, such as Farm Sanctuary and Best Friends Animal Society. She has attended and hosted various fundraising events for these organizations and has even sponsored animal adoptions.
“Jennifer Coolidge’s huge heart for animals is rivaled only by the size of her talent,” says PETA Senior Vice President Lisa Lange. “PETA is crowning her our ‘Vegan Queen’ this year for using every opportunity she gets to encourage everyone to keep cruelty to animals out of their cuisine, closets, and cosmetics.”
Coolidge has been a passionate advocate for Animal rights and has used her celebrity status to bring attention to important animal welfare issues. She is well deserving of this award! Go, Jennifer!
- These 5 Amazing Companies Won PETA’s First Animal-Friendly African Safaris Award
- Harry Styles Wins PETA’s 2022 Best Viral Moment for Animals Award
- PETA’s Oscat Awards Goes to these Amazing Animal-Friendly Movies from 2019
- PETA Announces $1M Competition to Find Vegan Wool Alternative
- Billie Eilish Becomes PETA’s Person of the Year
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!