Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In the lush rainforests of Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, a unique encounter unfolded between a fashion-conscious artist and a tiny hummingbird. The TikTok user, Sheena (@sheena.ltd), who also works as an image consultant in Argentina, is known for her colorful style. This aesthetic flair caught the attention of an unlikely admirer during her visit to Parque das Aves, a bird sanctuary.
While strolling through the verdant sanctuary, Sheena suddenly felt watched. She turned to see a small hummingbird who’d been eyeing her. To her surprise, the bird inched closer. Captured on video, the hummingbird fluttered towards Sheena, seemingly mistaking her colorful attire for a vibrant flower.
Though Sheena didn’t have any nectar to offer, their brief interaction was filled with a different kind of sweetness. The unexpected encounter left her feeling special and enchanted. “It was a magical moment,” she reminisced. As an ardent animal lover, this unusual experience was truly unforgettable for Sheena.
This charming story highlights the beautiful unpredictability of nature, reminding us to appreciate the small yet delightful interactions we can have with the animal world.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- This Hummingbird Fell Out of a Tree and Was Nursed Back to Health [Video]
- Man Finds Baby Hummingbird and Nurses her Back to Health Until She’s Strong Enough to Fly
- Hummingbird Cake [Vegan]
- How (and Why) to Attract Hummingbirds to Your Garden
- 15 Second Video of a Rescued Baby Hummingbird Will Give You All the Feels
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!