Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Recent shocking videos showing two horses being dragged behind a pickup truck down a residential street in Farmington, Utah, have ignited a wave of outrage within the community and prompted calls for legal action against the driver. The disturbing footage, captured by home security cameras, has raised concerns about animal cruelty and has led to an investigation by Animal Care of Davis County. While the incident has rightly sparked anger and demands for justice, it is essential to approach the situation with a focus on the welfare of the animals involved.
The graphic videos, shared by homeowners Don Evans and Amberly Powers, depict a harrowing scene in which two horses are tethered to a trailer being towed by a pickup truck along Ranch Road. The horses can be seen struggling to keep up, with one of them falling and being dragged on its side. The footage is undeniably distressing and has left both residents and the wider community in shock and disbelief.
In response to the incident, Animal Care of Davis County launched a formal investigation to uncover the facts and circumstances surrounding the case. According to Director Ashleigh Young, the gray horse involved in the incident was examined and found to have only minor injuries, with expectations of a full recovery. Furthermore, an individual has been cited with a criminal citation, accused of violating the county’s animal cruelty law.
The Humane Society of Utah has also expressed its condemnation of the incident, urging Davis County investigators to pursue charges of animal cruelty and traffic violations against the driver. According to Guinnevere Shuster, the Humane Society’s communications director, this incident violates Utah’s laws regarding the cruel transport or confinement of animals, constituting cruelty to animals.
Sign this petition to end horse abuse.
- New Undercover Footage Reveals Living Conditions of NYC Carriage Horses Showing Horrific Signs of Abuse and Neglect
- Abused Show Horse Finds Peace in Sanctuary After His Handlers Were Prosecuted
- Undercover Investigation Reveals Mass Slaughter and Abuse Behind the Scenes of Horse Racing in Australia
- Wild Horse Trapped in Wire Left By Bayou Bridge Pipeline Company Highlights Environmental Abuse
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Dog Who Was Tied to Car and Dragged Around Neighborhood
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!