Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
It can often seem that our animal companions are on the verge of speaking to us. Indeed, our beloved dogs and cats are very capable of communicating through looks and body language. However, one cat has recently gone viral after a video of them seeming to speak English was posted to the TikTok account @nickyrosetattoo.
In the video, captured on a pet camera, the cat can be heard meowing plaintively. However, when listening, he seems to be saying “Mom, where are you? Mom!” The cat’s human had been away in the hospital for several days, and the cat was missing her (although grandpa was checking in on him regularly). Viewers loved the video, which has been liked nearly two million times. “Secret life of pets vibes,” wrote one user.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Heartstopping Moment Cat Leaps From Balcony Captured in TikTok Video
- Vacationing Human Calls Police to Close Freezer After Cat Opens It!
- Cat’s Heartbreaking Grief Over Losing Dog Brother Shown in Video
- Romanian Shelter Houses 300+ Cats
- Kitten Saved From Euthanasia Finds New Best Friend in Rescue Cat
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!