If you want to start encouraging better dental health in your dog, you need to be using dog toothpaste to target problem-causing bacteria.
There are many safe and effective dog toothpaste brands on the market, all specifically designed to improve your dog’s teeth and gums. This is very important as many diseases can start in your dog’s mouth, traveling to other areas of their body.
Natural Dog Toothpaste
These dog toothpaste brands are ideal for helping you to keep your dog’s teeth clean and healthy as well as battling bad breath. Many of these toothpaste options also help to keep your dog’s gums healthy as well.
If you want to start taking better care of your dog’s teeth, this is the place to start!
1. Virbac CET Enzymatic Toothpaste
This Virbac CET Enzymatic Toothpaste is multifunctioning and great as it can be used on both cats and dogs. It is formulated with enzymes to help fight pesky plaque build-up and mouth bacteria. It is not made with any foaming ingredients and is safe for regular use on your pet. Pets can even swallow amounts of the toothpaste without experiencing any side effects.
2. Advanced Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs
This Advanced Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs is another enzyme-based toothpaste formulated to directly target the plague and bacteria that affect teeth. It is gentle and antibacterial, cleansing the teeth of any problem-causing bacteria.
It is also good for your dog’s gums, strengthening their gums and helping them to not feel irritated anymore. Because this dog toothpaste is antibacterial, it can also help to fight bad breath directly at the source.
3. TropiClean Fresh Breath No Brushing Oral Care Gel for Pets
This TropiClean Fresh Breath No Brushing Oral Care Gel for Pets is the perfect daily cleaning toothpaste that is pet safe and gentle on teeth and gums. It helps to prevent and remove tartar and plaque while reducing bad breath at the source.
It can be used on dogs and cats and is safe for daily use without any adverse side effects. The flavor is also highly enjoyed by most pets.
4. RADIUS USDA Organic Canine Pet Toothpaste
This RADIUS USDA Organic Canine Pet Toothpaste is nontoxic and xylitol-free, formulated to target tartar and plaque buildup. It is organic and is one brand recommended highly by vets to keep your dog’s teeth pearly white.
It is best used several times a week and can help to freshen your dog’s breath as it cleans away bacteria and buildup. Because it is completely safe and organic, both pets and humans can enjoy this fresh toothpaste for their dental needs.
This is a great dog toothpaste for dogs of all ages and can be used without worrying over unnecessary and harmful ingredients.
5. PetzLife Peppermint Oral Care Gel
This PetzLife Peppermint Oral Care Gel is a natural and holistic dog toothpaste is a perfect solution to bad breath and dirty teeth in your canine friend. It is safe for both cats and dogs, easy to use, and can be regularly used without fear of irritation.
It directly targets and kills the bacteria that causes bad breath, as well as helping to better control tartar and plaque.
It comes in an easy-to-use bottle that can be sprayed, so no brushing is required for this to work. Simply spray it in your pet’s mouth and let it work its magic. If you do not want to do that, you can put it on a brush or your finger and spread it over their teeth.
6. Bodhi Dog Pet Dental Gel
This Bodhi Dog Pet Dental Gel is made without alcohol in a new and improved formula that is thicker and easier to handle.
It helps to clean away plaque buildup while gently cleansing the teeth and promoting healthier teeth and gums. It reduces tartar buildup and helps to soothe any gum irritation with regular use.
This is another cleaning gel that does not require brushing but can be brushed over your dog’s teeth to work its magic. You can also use it to brush their teeth for an extra cleaning measure.
It helps to freshen breath and will not dry your pet’s mouth as it contains no drying ingredients like alcohol.
7. Petsmile Professional Whitening Dog Toothpaste
This Petsmile Professional Whitening Dog Toothpaste is known for its high-quality ingredients designed to help keep your dog’s teeth in great shape. It is designed to target plaque, tartar, and gingivitis, keeping your dog’s teeth healthy.
It is also one of the very few dog toothpastes that also act as whitening toothpaste, safely scrubbing away at the layer that covers and stains your dog’s teeth.
It improves the health of their gums without being abrasive or irritating. It also helps to eliminate bad breath as it is used regularly to target bad breath-causing bacteria. It’s made with a no-brushing required formula that makes it highly user-friendly for both you and your dog.
Simply spread it on your dog’s teeth and let them lick it off, as it does its magic in their mouth. This is ideal for dogs that are not good at having their teeth brushed.
8. Arm & Hammer for Pets Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs
This Arm & Hammer for Pets Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs is ideal for reducing tartar and plaque buildup while encouraging healthy gums. It helps to lighten your dog’s teeth, taking away any nasty staining, and encourages better and fresher breath.
It can be applied to your dog’s teeth without brushing if they will not let you brush their teeth, though it is more effective with brushing. It is most effective with regular, weekly use to promote better dental health in your dog.
- 6 Tips to Take Care of Your Dog’s Teeth
- How to Naturally Improve the Dental Health of Your Dogs and Cats
- 5 Common Dental Problems in Dogs and What to Do for a Healthy Dog Mouth
- 6 Tips to Get a Scared Dog to Trust You
- Loving Pups are Being Made to Comfort Patients in Dental Offices, But is it Sanitary?
- How to DIY Treats for Your Dog
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!