This easy vegan cauliflower chickpea curry is ready in 20 minutes! It uses coconut milk and tomatoes to make it thick and so creamy! It’s the kind of curry-in-a-hurry that gets you from the HANGRY-gotta-make-food side of dinner to the full-belly-happy side, without a lot of work, weird ingredients or TIME at all.
Easy Cauliflower Chickpea Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 large red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, very well drained
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (not light!)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (not sodium-reduced)
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into large florets
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, or cauliflower rice, for serving
- Heat the coconut oil on sautée in your pressure cooker. Once hot, add in the pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the drained tomatoes, coconut milk, and curry paste, stirring until the paste is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch with 4 teaspoons of the hot liquid from the pressure cooker until smooth.
- While constantly stirring, whisk it back into the pressure cooker along with the soy sauce and coconut sugar. Boil until the mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the can of chickpeas and cauliflower. Cover (making sure it's set to sealing!) and manually set it to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Let it pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure has released, squeeze in fresh lime juice and salt to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion.
You need to squeeze out as MUCH moisture as you can from the tomatoes. So, make sure you open the can and keep pressing on the tomatoes, squeezing them out to get as much liquid out as possibly. If you don't, the curry isn't as thick and creamy!