The day I made these cauliflower chickpea patties and I polished all of them off ... I didn’t share at all! They are super tasty and are a great topping for salads, on veggie scrambles for breakfast, or just eaten as a quick snack. They would also be tasty on a bun like a burger.
Cauliflower Chickpea Patties [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower, florets broken apart
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil or steam cauliflower until soft.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper over low heat until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute or so.
- In a large bowl, smash chickpeas up well with a fork or the bottom of a cup.
- Add cauliflower and smash up as well.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until combined.
- The mix should be wet, but come together in a ball without falling apart.
- Carefully make a ball in your hands with the mix.
- Press ball between hands to make a patty.
- Place patty on oiled pan or baking dish.
- Continue with the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip the patties, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until browned.
Trade out the panko for flour or certified gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version.