These secretly healthy doughnuts look and taste like they came straight from the nearest Krispy Kreme, but they are even better because they're vegan.
- 1 level cup spelt or white flour (or a gluten-free mix)
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, soy… don’t use rice milk for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp egg replacer powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp oil or pre-melted vegan margarine
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt (if using oil, add a tiny pinch more salt)
- Optional: sprinkles! Or cinnamon, raisins, peanuts, chocolate chips… be creative!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Then add the vinegar and immediately pour wet onto dry.
- Mix (but don’t overmix), and pour into greased doughnut pans. (If you don’t have doughnut pans, see below link)
- Cook for 12 minutes.
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS