It's amazing the number of foods you can turn into a creamy vegan cheese – cashews, soy beans, almonds, and as this recipe proves, sunflower seeds! This pizza also has tomato paste, olive oil, bell peppers and mushrooms, and a sprinkle of oregano. What a deliciously savory way to eat your veggies!
Veggie Pizza With Sunflower Seed Cheese [Vegan]
For the Pizza:
- Plain store-bought pizza base
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 12 mixed olives
- 1 yellow or red pepper (or red)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Some rocket
For the Sunflower Seed Cheese:
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Evenly spread 1 1/2-2 tablespoons on your pizza base. Drizzle some olive oil, a bit of salt, garlic powder, and oregano on it.
- Then start making the sunflower seed cheese. Put all ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Spoon the sunflower seed cheese paste on your pizza base on top of the tomato sauce layer. Then slice up 2 closed cup mushrooms, 1 large ripe tomato, some pepper, and the olives and also put them on your pizza.
- Drizzle a little bit more oil over it and a dash of sea salt.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve.
- Sunflower Seed