This dish is so easy to put together, and topped with a smokey eggplant salsa its just out of this world. I love how simple ingredients come together and can make the most amazing flavor combinations. The eggplant is simply sauteed in a bit of garlic and olive oil, then tossed with fresh tomatoes and cilantro which offsets the frittata quite nicely. I’m all about cramming as many vegetables in as possible into all of my meals and this way just makes it so much easier. If you were having peeps over you could pair it up with a nice spring salad and you are on your way to one fabulous brunch.
Tofu Frittata With Smoky Eggplant Salsa [Vegan]
- 1 Pacakge Extra Firm Tofu, water packed
- 1/3 c. unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 small onion, fine diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cl. garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. cilantro, diced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F and prepare a pie dish by spraying with a non stick cooking spray. Using parchment cut a circle the same size as your dish and place inside. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and garlic. After about 2 minutes add in the potatoes, onions and pepper. Saute about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft and have a slight crisp on the outside. Set aside.
- Pat the tofu dry and crumble into a food processor. Add in the nutritional yeast, cornstarch, almond milk, tumeric, mustard and salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl pour in the tofu mixture and and add in the vegetables. Mix and pour into pie dish.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until the top of the frittata is firm to the touch. Let cool.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add in eggplant and saute about 5-6 minutes or until eggplant is soft and has a slight crisp on the outside. Pour eggplant into a bowl and combine the remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.