This is a favourite salad of mine. It is simple, delicious, really satisfying and also very adaptable. If you are gluten intolerant you can use rice noodles or black bean noodles. Lately I've been using spirulina noodles too if you have those at your health food store! This recipe is great warm in winter or cold in summer.
Soba Noodle and Vegetable Soul Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 packet of soba noodles cooked to al dente
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 1 small beetroot finely sliced
- 1/4 of a pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 a teaspoon of tamari
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Arrange all of the salad ingredients in your favorite bowl in separate sections.
- For the dressing, mix the ingredients in a small cup until thoroughly combined, add the water a little at a time until you reach a consistency you like.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, top with extra herbs and a scattering of seeds and sprouts.