When cooked and seasoned artfully, cauliflower can make for a delicious and beautiful dinner main. This roasted cauliflower is perfectly crisp and roasted on the outside and drizzled with creamy tahini and skhug, a spicy green Yemeni hot sauce. For some added crunch, top this cauliflower with toasted pine nuts and pomegranates.
Roasted Cauliflower With Tahini and Skhug [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower and Marinade:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Pomegranates, to garnish
- Pine nuts, to garnish
- Tahini, to garnish
For the Skhug:
- 3 cups loose cilantro
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4–1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2-1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Whisk the paprika, turmeric, sea salt, and pepper into the coconut oil.
- Chop the ends and leaves off the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a baking tray and generously brush and cover the cauliflower with the coconut oil and spice mixture.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, until the cauliflower begins to char.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the skhug by blending all of the skhug ingredients in a food processor. Set the skhug aside.
- Heat a pan up on high heat. Add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown, stirring every now and then to prevent them from burning.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove from the oven and garnish with the skhug, pine nuts, tahini, and pomegranate.